8.1.06

preacherman

My neighbour who lives in the other section of the building (but his study room has a fire exit that, we just discovered, opens into my corridor) has been visiting. He moved here from THE SHETLANDS. I guess some one has to live up there! He is training to be a minister (!!!!!) and is very nice in a minister sort of way....he showed me pictures of the shetlands, and said it is beautiful up there....i am not convinced, the place looked like my definition of misery....and he had stories to fit my notion of celtic islands: alcoholism, 13 year old girls getting pregnant by there uncles....i imagine sheep fucking as well, but he is too well bred to get into that! It reminded me of the stories my collegue Cat in paris used to tell me about her years working on the isle of mann.....incest, drugs and alcohol....and sheep! What a nightmare.
I should get back to my paper, i got a copy of the constant gardener, the book, out of the library to entertain me on the excruciatingly dull train ride to nottingham, but that means that i couldnt get any work done until i finished the book, which i finnally did in the wee hours of the night.
Now, back to that paper!

Aucun commentaire: