26.1.06

electronic logs

so i had another meeting with my supervisor yesterday evening. i guess my paper went over ok, the pen didnt bleed red. i will have another meeting to discuss it with my other supervisor sometime soon, which means as soon as it can be arrange ( a more complicated matter than it would seem, given that i can only meet in the evening, given my job)
most of the meeting with my supervisor was actually spent trying to fill in this ridiculous electronic log that all phds are forced to maintain. it is a collasal waste of time in my view... i guess since i hadnt filled in a single entry in 3 months my supervisor got the idea that i had no intention of doing so, so she suggested we do it together....but this meant her copying and pasteing from the guidelines page! what an absurd waste of energy these logs are....pages of garbage along the lines of "what professional skills do you intend to acquaire of the the next 3 months?" groan..
in the mean time, i have a lot of (more important) work to do on primary sources...enough to keep me busy for several weeks i guess.
i also have a group of italian 16 year olds at work to keep me occupied, so i guess i am not in danger of beoming bored!
after the meeting with my supervisor, i followed the usual routine of meeting razvan outside the science library and going for drinks at the ritual pub. it must be a ritual shared by many of razvan's fellow anthropologists, since we ran into a whole group of them as we walked in. there was a vaguely insane mexican girl a german...the two were somehow cousins or something like that...i didnt really catch the connection...then ana came, which was surreal since i dont think i had seen her since we were all living in budapest 2 years ago...but she is here now, also on a phd. in fact, i guess she is regarded as some kind of genius, since she has been given a monstrously large stipend of 22,000£ a year. incredible. and she gets really cheap housing from the university, so i guess she has it pretty nice at the moment.
so once again i had to stumble back form the pub to the train station....fortunately i could count the correct change needed to buy my evening sandwich for the trip home this time!
i got back (as usual) clode to midnight and it was seriously difficult to haul myself out of bed for an early morning consultation with professor today...i guess the strain must have shown on my face, since he immediately suggested we consult over coffee....

Aucun commentaire: