24.1.06

drinks

I hate wasteing my time for no reason !
Today after work i went running out of the building in order to catch my 15:45 train, even though my boss had said she wanted to speak to me about the italians after work. The reason i thought i was in such a hurry was that i was scheduled to do medical testing at one of the universities medical faculties at 16:45. so i arrived at the place;;;;;and no one showed up! Then i walked over to my own faculty and checked my email from the post grad lab, and guess what? The medical people had sent me an email at 16:00 saying they didnt need me any more! But at that time i was already on the train, so i could not have got it anyway....grrr. so, since i had already come in to the university, i decided to take advantage of being there: i fotocopied bout 100 pages of a book i really need for my work, but cant take out of the library (it is classified as a reference work, grr again) then i texted razvan and we arranged to meet for drinks. It seems i am developping a series of regular pubs. Igor and i always go to a pub next to his faculty. We tried a couple of times to go to other ones, but they were either closed for private parties or they just couldnt compete with the one next to the faculty and its big leather chairs....so razvan and i go to another one, but with equally regularity. We always meet outside the science library where razvan works, we contemplate going a different direction, looking for a new unexplored pub....but i guess we already know them all in the area, and the one down the street from the science library is....well, conveniently just down the street. So we end up there. We both always order the same red wine. Our conversation last night ended up somehow on the 1980s and early 90s. Things in romania were i guess much worse than in the collapsing soviet union. Razvan’s early memories consisted of running back and forth between bread and butter lines and constantly being told by his parents not to ask inappropriate questions as to why the lines were so long and no one else said anything. Ceaucescu was a freak. But i also think maybe razvan has a longer memory than i do. Or maybe mine is just exceptionnally short. I recently read in vesna goldsworthy’s chernobyl strawberries how she describes her daily routine at the age of 7 or so. I honestly cannot remember mine. I have some memories that stand out perfectly clearly, like the death of Brezhnev and the other two goons who followed. I can remember certain books that i read with great passion, and certain places we went on holiday are clear to me......But most of my “daily life” memories are lost. I cant remember what time i got up, or what i ate, or who my teachers were, or what i did after school....total blank....is it possible to develop alzheimer’s in my 20s?

Aucun commentaire: