16.6.06

strange encounters

yesterday, after a tough serious of texts (julia kristeva, yikes) i decided i needed a walk to change my ideas (hmm, that is a bit franglais, but i hope you follow)
so i ended up in karen millen. not that i was planning on buying anything, i just wanted to look. but as i was contemplating trying on a dress, i had the impression that someone was watching me. i looked up and it was in fact the case: anatoli, whom i had not seen since i was in bangkok in 2004, and who generally lives in santo domingo, was watching me shop in a moscow mall. the world is indeed small. i sometimes have the feeling there is no where on the planet where you can go and be truely anonymous.
anyway, we went out for lunch (indian, my favourite...the restaurant was excellent) and tried to catch up on the past two years. very odd.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

you are kidding me, right?
please, tell me you made it up :)
i can't wait to get back to msk and talk. have crazy stories to tell.

naneh a dit…

no, i didnt make it up.
i was totally totally stunned, i didnt know how to react....we will definately need to talk when you get here!!!!

Anonyme a dit…

use your log in to see my recent posts in my LJ, cause otherwise you can't see them

naneh a dit…

i saw...who else got into the phd?

Anonyme a dit…

4 romanians )))
2 from this year + stefan + smbd who we don't know + a girl from turkey, i think