24.5.06

spinning

the past 72 hours have been a bit of a wirl... When I was a child I had a Paddington bear. According to widely held Paddington belief, Paddington has an aunt Lucy who lives in a home for retired bears in Peru. I was at first bothered by this point, thinking that Paddington would feel isolated in England, separated from aunt Lucy. Then my father told me that bears have jaunting belts which allowed them to travel at the speed of sound. this way, Paddington could visit his aunt Lcuy every night when I was sleeping. So now it appears that maybe i have been borrowing Paddington's belt, as i have the feeling of jaunting myself. ...three countries in 30 hours. i was on one continent, then another having lunch near covent garden with justin...then i was suddenly transported to a bar in budapest, having drinks with Vlado, Masha and Simina.suddenly it dawned on me that it was late Tuesday and i had neither showered nor slept since sunday. so i went to mashas and collapsed like a drunkard on her couch. unfortunately, for mysterious hungarian reasons, mashas flat has no hot water at the moment, but this morning i felt so dirty that i forced myself to take on in the fucking freezing cold. at least i feel clean now...sort of...
but even if the water is icy, it is good to be back on familiar territory, and among friends!
i am now back at ceu, in the wifi zone, among familar faces. even the guards are the same as when I lived here.
it is good to be back...;
and meanwhile, while I was floating in space, Montenegro has voted to be an independant country. I asked Vlado how he felt about this and he claimed that "I have lost bigger things than Montenegro in my life." but I am glad for them. I like Montenegro (even if its inhabitants are slightly insane) and I look forward to my next trip to Podgorica, in its new condition of international capital city, ha ha ha.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»