19.10.05

klaus


Big excitement: president klaus gave a talk at my school. I guess he likens himself the masaryk of today, as he choose to speak on the same topic masaryk did when he gave a talk at my school some 90 years ago! Specifically, he spoke on the role of small nations in europe, which i guess easily includes the czech republic....although i am not to sure where england fits in....as many have pointed out before me, klaus styles himself a great intellectual, in addition to a great politician, if such a combination is possible, which i am not sure it is the case in the czech republic. He also seems concerned with his appearence. My czech (and slovak) students claim that he has a fondness for young blondes, and was caught having an affair with some secretary. Needless to say, that didnt come out in his speech.
I have about 100 books i urgently need to read, but i have been spending the evening in bed with sandor marai’s embers, which is excellent. It is also making me want to go back to hungary...

Aucun commentaire: