2.3.08

painting


The flat I moved in to was in serious need of remont. Accepting that was part of the deal in my getting a big flat for myself at an affordable price.but then I had never before attempted remont, and thus didn’t know what was waiting for me until I set about remont, part one: painting the living room.
Painting is hard work! I got all kinds of cool brushes and roller devices. It was all a bit fun, but the fun wears out as the paint sets into the back and arms and faces get covered in flecks of white paint.
My level of respect for the (mainly polish) painters/ plumber/ handmen in this city has increased dramatically. One might see this as unskilled labour, but that is a mistake!!! This is hard stuff!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I feel your pain: remember that I had to paint the walls of my room back in Wal****stow. You should have called Stan...Actually, I deleted his mobile number from my contacts list last week, had I known you were in need, he he he.

naneh a dit…

that is really ok, however bad a painter i might be, i think i still manage better than stan! and my ass is not hairy and gross. and i do not stop to read the paper or eat chinese take away in the middle of the job.