1.11.06

another cambridge soap opera

i am not even in cambridge, but the soap operas of the place still reach me. having survived the TTB scandal of last semester, it seems an even juicier one has emerged: I.N. is having an affair with the vicar's wife from the theological faculty! and here i thought these things only happened in made for the BBC movies, but no, the stereotype of the sex starved vicars wife turns out to have a firm basis in reality, and the speces is alive and well in cambridge. the only problem is that i am now watching it tear my poor friend apart as he is courting what clearly seems to be to be disaster. i fear he has actually got attached to this female......and cambridge is a small town and the academic world is even smaller, so every one is in everyone else's business all the time. little can be kept secret and gossip spreads quickly. so i am very worried about the outcome of this and the ramifications it will have on my friends sanity. i think i might have to go up soon myself and regulate.
in the meantime, i am heading off to the pub to celebrate my new employment with max. max has been tolerating my unemployment woes for sometime. he had a very peculiar cure for unemployment: crawling in a ball under the bed. as it is a very cat like thing to do, i didnt object too much to the suggestion, but i do wonder how on earth he came up with such an idea....but then he works for an NGO that deals with children in conflict situations (palestine, georgia) so i guess maybe that is the stuff these NGOs get up to in their theory training. who knows?
but the next time you are feeling down, try it: crawl into a ball under the the bed and stay there a while. then let me know if it works, i am curious.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

who is max?

my greetings to cambridge people )

naneh a dit…

max is a polish guy who goes to georgia alot and brings me back georgian cheese.....
and yes i passed on your greetings, you are fondly remembered in cambridge