14.8.06

Hyun soo, in his own words

I have been asked to teach a 12 year old Korean boy how to write....but how do you do that? it is nearly imposible in my view. out of ignorance, i asked the boy to write me a story, any story, about anything he wanted.
the result is truely incredible, so i could not resist putting it up here for everyone to see.

The Crime, by Hyun Soo Cho
I was there in Korea. It was midnight when a phone call came from my companion called Jake. He asked if I could come out to the Grand Park in the Center of Seoul, so I said I can. 2hours later I was heading to the Grand Park in my BMW 5series. I accelerated full speed as no cars went by. In 30 minutes I was there waiting for Jake when a red Mercedes arrived. It was him. He was the head of all the gangsters in Korea. He stepped forward to me and whispered something to my ear which I could hardly understand. He repeated again and finally understood. It was another plan. It was a horrible plan, but I could not refuse. The plan was to surround a train and seize the gold stored inside the train and then explode it. If the plan succeeded it could be a lot of money. Nobody could refuse money. I agreed but still didn’t feel so sure about the plan. I had three days before the plan started. The only thing that came into my mind was the plan. I wasn’t sure if this was the right thing to do. Finally the day came. Everybody gathered in the Seoul Train Station. 6 men (including Jake) got into the train and 10 men (including me) were waiting for the train to stop at the next station. 4 men were blocking the entrance. Finally the crime started. One of the men in the train persuaded the driver to stop at the next station. The train stopped. Few minutes later the train was surrounded. The men were busy collecting gold while the others were surrounding the train. Soon all the gold that could be found was collected. They threw a grenade at the train and a moment later the train exploded. Just then we could here the sirens of the police cars. We ran as if we were faster than the speed of light. I survived. The police wasn’t fast enough to catch us or to remember the number plate. That evening I received 200,000,000,000 won which was quite a lot of money. I switched on the TV the next day and the first thing I saw was the explosion of the train the day before. 149 people were found dead. This caused sorrow to the whole country not just to the families; from there I realized that I made the wrong choice. I realized from the explosion that the country is important than yourself. I also realized that this also brought a great shame to the country. From that day I didn’t have a single moment which was peaceful and till this day I still regret about the accident.

Aucun commentaire: