3.8.06

blah

i cant wait for the end of this week. i dont know why, but it has seemed exceptionally long, even though it has been very productive. i have got alot done in the library and at home. i finished my annotated bibliography and got it off to my supervisor, and now i am back to working on my literary review. i have decided that in order to write this though, i must first come up with a working definition of culture and that has proved suprisingly difficult. so i spent a few hours late last night reading through Lotman on the hopes that his great thoughts would enlighten me. they did, but i still havent come up with the thing i am looking for. so finally i got frustrated and watched a DVD (i saw Kukushka a russian film that is actually mainly in finnish and some odd lapplandish language)....the most simple way to turn of my brain and completely relax. i guess any serious thoughts regarding culture and my literary review will have to wait for the weekend when i dont have my job to think about as well. but no matter how much work i get done, i always have the feeling that it isnt enough, that i have somehow wasted time, and that i should be doing more with my months here. this feeling has been with me for years, since budapest at least and maybe before. no matter how much i do, it isnt enough.....yet, unlike in budapest, there is no competition here. or rather there is, but they are unseen? or maybe i am only up against myself at this stage?

Aucun commentaire: