31.12.09

2009

well it is the 5th time i am writing an "end of the year" summary for this blog.
i stopped first and reread my december 2005 entry. I had just moved from paris to london to start a phd.
now, here is 2009, i can finally call myself a doctor. that is certainly the biggest accomplishment of the year: over a decade of agonizing work has come to an end, and i am free to move on with the rest of my life. yet 2010 begins with no sense of direction at all- i suspect this could be the year when everything changes. as i have no clear "task" before me, as i have for the past 10 years or so, i will have to seek the new direction my life will take. 2009 was also the year i got an amazing job with more money than i ever thought i would earn.....and hated it. so i am entering 2010 seeking a new path, and excited as to what the new year might bring.
in the next three weeks i will be taking extended leave from my interim job, putting my stuff in storage, giving up my flat, and facing the unknown. i am scared but looking forward to it.

Aucun commentaire: