21.7.09

moving forwards

Black hole of work
Sleep (a little)
Office by 6:30 (am)
15 minutes for lunch
Leave office (as late as possible)
Go home
Eat pasta
Collapse
Sleep

I wouldn’t really qualify this as a fulfilling existence.
I stop at a bagel place on Brick lane most mornings to pick up something for breakfast (we are given free breakfast at work, but I get bored of the same things over and over…)
The people know me, and we chat, there are not many people on brick lane at that hour- the night revellers have gone home, and normal people are not up yet. The bagel guys know I work in the city, they know the weird hours I work. The cleaner tells me I am lucky to have a job- his daughter is my age and has been unemployed for nearly a year. “they are prats down there, but you should put up with it until the recession is over” he tells me with paternal concern. Of course he is right.
But how much longer is the recession going to last?

Aucun commentaire: