23.8.08

entertainment

in the middle of my shift at the bookshop, james walked up to me and handed me a sheet of paper, reading

drab as a fool, aloof as a bard

a man, a plan, a canal: panama

I smirked at his pedantry and snarkily informed him I am generally more interested in content than form.

But then, this week, back in my cubicle, I started thinking in desperation and boredom:

Коростели летели, летели, ..., летели лет сорок

Socorram-me subi no onibus em Marrocos

I topi non avevano nipoti

Then I remember that when it comes to linguistic formalism, the hungarians always go over board:

Kis erek mentén, láp sík ölén odavan a bánya rabja: jaj, Baranyában a vadon élő Kis Pálnét nem keresik
such a strange tongue. no wonder the country produces so many scientists, if you can manage that, you can probably come up with anything.

Aucun commentaire: