6.6.07

my lunch group

on the days i work, i spend every morning in the library before my shift. on my days off, i am in here until closing. sometimes i feel like i live in this building, but it is my decision. the problem is that if i stay at home, i get easily distracted by all my own stuff and i dont get so much done. here in the library i am forced to behave correctly (to sit up in my chair and not make any noise) and to work.
the whole process would be pretty intolerable if it were not for my lunch group. every day at about 2, i meet a group of friends and we go for lunch outside in the courtyard or on the terrace. there is a core group of four of us: me, dragana, zbig and uilleam, which gets at times supplemented by others. i spend the morning looking forward to 2, and i make all kinds of deals with myself (like 'i must have 1000 words by 2!'), which i tell myself will keep me going until the magic hour. part of my love of lunch is, i suspect, genetic. i love food and i can eat scary amounts of it. by 1:15, my stomach starts grumbling, sometimes so loudly that the people in seats nearby look at me funny, but i cant help it! but i also like the lunch group to relax brainlessly for an hour or so. joking mindlessly recharges my abused brain and enables me to reconcentrate when i go back into the reading rooms. well, provided i dont take advantage of the pimms bar that has recently emerged on the terrace....

Aucun commentaire: