13.4.07

incredible oman revisited




One of the best decisions of the trip was to fly through Oman. When we were booking tickets, we had a choice of stopping over in Muscat or Frankfurt. No disrespect to Germany, but there was really no contest there. So we had a free stop over in Oman both going and coming from India. It was definitely worth it. I knew practically nothing about the country when I booked my ticket, but it proved to be one of the most beautiful and strange places I have seen in my life. I am not a nature person, but the scenery was absolutely stunning. There are mountains everywhere. Muscat itself is a long and narrow city boxed in by the coast on one side and the mountains on the other. The buildings are white and everything is immaculately clean. Some of the pavements were so clean and shiny I could see my own reflection in them.
The resorts proved to be even more incredible. The Arabian sea is so clean that even a few kilometres from the capital city, I could walk out in the water up to my chest, and still look down and see straight down to the sand and shells at my feet. The sky and water were a clean, pure blue…..and it was HOT. Our last day there it was 39 degrees. On the beach, it felt very pleasant, since there was a breeze coming of the sea, but when you put your foot on the sand, from 11am, it was painful. The sand was so hot it felt like it would take all the skin off your foot. But then, I just headed over to the pool for a cool swim…..an incredible place, oman.

Aucun commentaire: