21.9.09

normal people

Intimidated by the excess of free time suddenly granted to me, I have been stumbled by exactly what is to be done with this extra time. For the past several years, I have come home from my office, eaten, changed, and sat down to work on my PhD. I worked until well into the evening, then directly went to bed. So now what?
Still clearly addicted to research, I decided to conduct a survey, with the aim of establishing exactly what “normal” people do in the evening.

J, 25, bookseller: I try to go to a gallery once a week, play the piano, sometimes a bit of flute, once a month or so I go to the theatre. Read.

A, 27, CityBoy: go out and get drunk, mate! Fuck man, last Saturday, right, I met this girl in a pub and then we went back to my place and did some drugs, and then like, I fucked her like 10 times, and then in the morning, the bitch said it was like date rape, and I was like, whatever, get the fuck out of my house!

K, 35, secretary: yesterday evening I ironed 7 shirts and cleaned the living room. Normally I watch TV and do chores.

M, 30, Account executive: go to the pub.

HS, 15, student: WIFI makes time fly!

P, 37, Salesman: I go to the gym and then I go over to my mother’s house for dinner. Then I go home and watch Big Brother.

F, 39, manager: go to the pub.

H, 35, Manager: go to karate with the kids, then get Chinese takeaway on the way home.

A, 30, banker: I get home around 2 am and go to sleep. I see my children at the weekend.

A, 27, trader: go down the boozer, go on a date, meet my mates, watch some footy.

T, 45, head of ops: meet up with friends, take salsa lessons.

A, 32: go for walks, go to the cinema, watch TV.


Preliminary results of research: the British working public spends a lot of time drinking and watching television. They are not that into cooking and rarely read books.
Conclusion: I will have to dedicate serious time and effort in reshaping my life if I ever imagine I will fit into this mass. Otherwise, it may just be that I am not normal.

2 commentaires:

lemurana a dit…

and i truly hope you stay this way: "not normal". i don't want you to fit in with this "mass".
ditto.

Tatiana a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.