26.6.09

strategy safaris

i am quite certain i was not made for a corporate career.
the only targets and goals i am truely motivated to achieve are those i set for myself. spread sheets do not motivate me. neither really does financial incentive, even though i thought it would.
i am writing this while sitting in something called a "strategy safari." this is a webcast that everyone in the company around the world is meant to log into at the same time so that top managers show us the future. such things bore me. after 15 minutes, my eyelids start getting heavy, and after 30 minutes i have to pinch my legs to keep from falling asleep. yet virtual attendance is required, and we are not meant to be doing anything else at this time. i am pretending to be ending questions to the moderators via the web. i dont know how much more of this i can take. not much, i feel sure. i hate wasted time, i hate empty bullshit. my boss walks around the floor telling us again and again to : "make some money." but i dont care, money motivates me as a means of survival, not as a way of existing. there has to be more to life than this, surely?

Aucun commentaire: