16.5.09

endings, beginnings

i finished my old job yesterday, my new job starts monday morning in paris.
i am scared. mainly of failing as the task i have been given is enormous. and i am sad to say goodbye to the few people i liked in my old job.
looking back, i cant believe i spent exactly one calendar year in that job. at times it certainly dragged, but the last five months flew by so quickly that it all seems hazy to me now. by the end the crisis was taking its toll, people were getting threats of redundancy and heads on high were rolling. i developed a peculiar but crippling stomach problem. a cramp would appear in the pit of my stomach. sometimes i struggled to sit up. it got hard to focus on my computer screen. the doctors sent me for blood testing and ultra sounds, but i didn't think much of that. mysteriously the pain would vanish every day within an hour of leaving the office, and it never hit me on holiday. i knew i had to escape. after i gave in my notice of resignation, the pain vanished and it hasn't been back since.

and now, back to where this blog all started: paris.

monday morning draws near......

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

but you are not moving to Paris. are you?

naneh a dit…

no, i am commuting a bit between the two....i hate working in france!