11.1.08

january

i didnt even manage to mark the new year effectively. all my friends were gone awya or ill, leaving me to the gloom of london's most touristic place to spend the night, not because i wanted to be there, but sincethat happens to be where i work, and as luck would have it, i was on a late shift new years eve, and an early shift new years day.
but i hope this year will be different from 2007, which was not my best.
everyone lays out goals for the new year (i know, as the book industry makes loads of money this way, as soon as the new years hits, sales in rubbish like paul mckenna's I can make you rich soar) these goals should be realistic and achievable if they are meant to ever be realised. i know this, but still i am going to break the rules and be overly ambitous with mine: this year i want to submit my fucking phd thesis and change jobs.
two very big things, but if i can manage it, i think i will be better off. wich me luck, i am going to need it.

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

soon after we talked on the phone on the New Year night I went to bed just to find out the next morning that the temp. outside had dropped down till 17 below zero...

imagine that?

i am still thinking about going some place warm. will get back to you soon

take care!!!

PS
good luck! :)

G.M. ERADES a dit…

add "meet guillermo more often" to your NY resolutions, we live 1h51m away, as eurostar adds remind me around bxl

naneh a dit…

ok i need to meet you both more often:
guillermo, when is good for you? i will come to visit you in bxl
masha: where to meet and when? i will be in south america in march and april, but before is ok and after is even better since i can take more time off then....
justlet me know

Tatiana a dit…

Hello beautiful girl,

I wish you the best of luck this year (and in the years to come, too). You're such an amazing person (yeah, I know this phrase sounds awful in English, but I thought in a Russian way), I wish we could meet more often.

Coffee one of these days? :))