2.4.07

just my luck

i never get mosquito bites. NEVER. not in the amazon, not in st petersburg in the summer, not algonquin, not in africa. the little buggers just dont like me. i think it might genetic, they dont like my father either. when i was small and went on holidays with my parents, my mother would get covered in bites, when my father and i hadnt even noticed the creatures were around.
but i am now off to india and a few other places, and i managed to be persuaded by the NHS that, in addition to the 5 injections i had, i also needed anti-malaria pills. so, dutifully i went out and bought them. you are supposed to take them one week before the trip, during and for 4 weeks after. the only problem is that on saturday, after the second time i took them, i develeopped a rash on my leg. it got worse on sunday, and by this morning i had hives everywhere. i went to boots to ask what to do, and they immediately sent me to the doctor, who diagnosed an allergic reaction. i hoped that this might get me out of the pills entirely, but no, they instead insisted i get a perscription for a more high tech pill, that costs double. the good thing is though that you only have to take it for one week after you leave the infected area.
after all this i will be VERY disappointed if no misquito bites me!!!!

Aucun commentaire: