8.7.06

the weekend, finnally

it is finnally saturday. it couldnt have come soon enough, i have had a really long week. my boss messed up my schedule and that left me with even less time than usual to do my research, which was frustrating. i sometimes have the feeling that i have no time to do what i came here to do: read and write. so i called a meeting with my boss to explain that i found the changes in my schedule both unnecessary and unfair. fortunately he agreed and things will go back to normal from next week. thank god, i would go crazy otherwise.
and then yesterday i got paid and decided to go shopping, as the sales are now on and everything is 50% off...but actually all i got clothing wise was a skirt, then i went shopping for what moscow produces best: books and dvds! so i trundled home with 8 new dvds, which cost me all of 10 pounds. i have been trying to catch up on the latest russian films, but last night i wasnt in the mood for such a production, and i ended up watching the lion the witch and the wardrobe...the narnia books were some of my favourites when i was little and i wanted to see how they looked in film. i know that some religious types have been argueing that the books are supposedly religous in their theme, but i have to say, that i was never aware of that when i read them as a kid and having watched the film, i still dont get it. perhaps i am a bit dense? or maybe i just prefer to believe that it really is a tale of a lion, a witch, a wardrobe, 4 children, and talking beavers. literally.

Aucun commentaire: