5.7.11

budapest


Given that I used to live there, and that even after I left I used to fly back quite often, the fact that it suddenly two years had flown by since my last visit surprised me. But then walking around, I cant believe I ever lived here at all, I look back at memories of my time here, and although they all run through my brain with absolute clarity, it is like remembering a film I watched, and I don’t recognise myself in my own memories. It is like I am remembering someone else’s life, not my own. The only friend I have left in Buda I knew before going to school there, so that doesn’t help recall my senses either. So it is all rather surreal and disconnected. It seems almost by accident that I remember the names of bars and where to turn on streets.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

hey! that's my house! :)

naneh a dit…

yes it is!!! i love budapest courtyards....they are very specifically budapest.....no where else has that same combination of tiles and open courtyards and doorways....