14.9.10

on travel, again

When I was about 7 or 8, I sat down very seriously and composed a list of the places I wanted to visit. After some hours of concentration and a few consultations of my father’s massive atlas, I came up with about 200 spots around the globe, mainly cities. Over the next several years, I seriously ticked off places on the list as I got to them. Alas, the list came to a fitting end- disappearing along with the rest of my luggage on a Delta flight- but I remember the top 5 destinations being Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Moscow, Mexico City and Bombay. I don’t remember the other 195 or so, but I think it was a relatively complete list.
I have now managed to make it to all those places that captured my 7 year old imagination, and yet there are still so many undiscovered places out there, which makes me think that, 25 years on, it is time to come up with a new version, albeit in a much abbreviated form…so here it goes:

1. Tokyo
2. Machiu picchu (Peru)
3. Seoul
4. Victoria Falls (Zim/Zam)
5. Shanghai
6. Iguazu Falls (Brazil, Argentina)
7. Addis Ababa
8. Beirut
9. Rajasthan
10. Cartegena de Indias

Lets see how long it takes me to get there….

Aucun commentaire: