24.9.08

the big adventure


I got a bike.

Specifically, a little, bright red, Brompton. My employers paid, to my great delight. Apparently this is a new fashion in London- buy your employees a bike and lower your taxes, and additionally claim you are helping the environment and fulfilling your corporate responsibility.

I also got an awesome military like helmut and I am now struggling to navigate londons streets from a new perspective. First, I am noticing certain things that I always managed to block out as a pedestrian, like the enormous quantities of one way streets all over this city! But it is quite fun to ride around the City in the morning watching everyone run off to their offices with their costa coffee mugs in their hands. You have to watch them carefully, cause they never look up at you.

I think I will need to shower 3 times a day from now on though…

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Nice one!

And here's some essential reading:

http://www.lcc.org.uk/

Happy cycling!

Marcus

naneh a dit…

thanks mate,, i have now read through it all, very useful stuff!!!
it is all a bit scary though...so many cars....buses....scary...i need to get better nerves!