22.2.07

your little african

i have been killing myself with work. i cant complain, it is my choice. we have been short staffed and my boss has asked me ot do a lot of over time. so i am working 7 days a week for the next bit. i got home tonight at 10 and i will be off tomarrow morning at 6 am. it sucks, but i need the money.
so today the boss showed me a note. it seems yesterday a big wig from the head office came in and i was the one who served her. it seems i helped her find a book and she overheard me pursuade another couple to buy something extra. i actually only vaguely remember this, we have been very busy and everything sort of blurs together in my head. but anyway. the big wig sent an email to the head of the company to tell them about "the sweet little girl with the south african accent" who had helped her. the note was forwarded to my boss. it seems i will be given vouchers as a reward. my collegues meanwhile are taking the piss. they have teased me ruthlessly about my south african/ australian accent since i started (litteraly, at the interview the boss asked how much more time i had on my commonwealth visa). when the letter was read out they nearly died. now they keep making me repeat "brown bread or white bread" to hear my accent. then they fall over themselved laughing. groooann...

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

it's good you are alive.
i sent you that ridiculous official letter about the conference. but, nonetheless, do reply to it :)
take care

Tatiana a dit…

why do you have a south african accent?..

naneh a dit…

i have no clue why i have a south african accent. one of my collegues told me i probably got hit on the head at some point, which can provoke such things....but then i think he also reads the sun....
wlll write you masyamba!

arisooter a dit…

My younger, cooler brother once had a sweetheart , (they were quite young), who was South African. He and his friends used to get her to say 'soup' just so they could fall about laughing at her cute accent. Needless to say she called him a 'cocky sheet'.

naneh a dit…

ha ha ha....i really dont get the english obsession with accents, i have never encountered anything quite like it in any other country.people seem to be able to automatically place where someone is from, practically down to the london neighbourhood just from their speech...incredible